Many teachers have just started a new teaching term, maybe a new job in a new school, or teaching new students. And we all know the statistics on just how many teachers suffer from stress and burnout. I know this first hand! 😦
And so I thought it might be a nice idea to share simple little things that you, teachers or anyone, can do to look after your well-being and avoid burnout, depression, etc. Before you turn to the drink in the photo above!! These are ‘tried and tested’ tips of mine, which are also based on some research findings on easing stress and depression.
So, my CHALLENGE for you, (if you’re the kind of person who likes challenges, otherwise, they’re just ideas!), is to try out some of these simple things and let me know how it goes and how helpful it is for you!
– Try out cooking something from a new recipe.
– Paint / draw / colour a picture.
– Sit comfortably, close your eyes, and listen to music.
– Open the window, stick your head out, and take deep breaths for a few minutes.
– Get photos printed and make an album or scrapbook. Or frame one for your desk!
– Plant up a pot of colourful flowers.
– Find an inspirational quote and design a postcard with the quote on.
– Take a bath, or go to the sauna/whirlpool/spa, and don’t take a book etc with you!
– Go for a walk and take photos of everything beautiful you see.
– Send a friend or colleague a surprise card/present.
– Tidy up your desk.
– Share you ‘simple things in life’ tip as a comment below or on Twitter: @Clare2ELT