English Language & EAP Lecturer
Department of English Studies
Trier University, Germany
cmmaas (at) uni-trier.de
I’ve been an EAP lecturer for nearly 15 years, having previously completed an MA in German & Translation and the Trinity College Dip. TESOL. Before moving to Trier University, I taught EFL at German secondary schools, and ESP at several language academies in the UK, France and Germany. I am also an ELT materials writer, writing for my own classes and for publication. I have co-authored student workbooks and coursebooks for German publishers, and write for the English learners’ magazine Spotlight, based in Germany.
Within the field of ELT and EAP, I have a wide range of research and teaching interests, which is why my blog is a ‘compendium’ with posts on a variety of topics, as well as examples of materials I have written.
My professional interests include:
- Evaluating language teaching methods and materials (including translation in langauge teaching)
- Writing effective ELT and EAP teaching materials
- Developing effective feedback techniques for EAP teaching
- Exploring concepts such as ‘academic vocabuary’, ‘personalisation in ELT’.
My professional memberships include:
- International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (IATEFL)
- IATEFL Materials Writing Special Interest Group (MaWSIG) [Committee member since 2017)
- IATEFL English for Specific Purposes Special Interest Group (ESP SIG)
- European Association for the Teaching of Academic Writing (EATAW)
- Trier University English Linguistics Circle (ELC)
I was also a founding member of and regular contributor to the now archived ELT Research Bites.
My published coursebooks/workbooks include:
- Go For It! B2 (Hueber Verlag, 2019)
- Der Klassenarbeitstrainer: Englisch 7. Klasse Gymnasium (Schroedel, 2012)
- LernPlus Englisch 7: Die Lernhilfe fürs Gymnasium (Schroedel: 2009)
- Check-Up Englisch 7/8. (Schroedel: 2008)
You can find more information about my academic and research interests on my Research Gate profile.
I’m happy to be contacted about research and materials writing collaborations.